March 16, 2020
Due to the growing concerns over the spread of the COVID-19 virus, Onward House has made the difficult decision to close programs to preserve the health and safety of families and staff members.
Onward House will be closed starting Wednesday, March 18, and plans to open again on Monday, March 30.
- All in-person meetings and events will be canceled through March 30, 2020.
- Staff will be working remotely and will be in touch with the families to provide support during the closing. We are fully aware of the difficulties this crisis is causing and may continue to cause for you and your family.
The symptoms of COVID-19 are similar to the flu with fever, coughing and shortness of breath. It appears to mainly spread through close person-to-person contact. It may be possible for someone to touch a surface or object with the virus on it and then touch their nose or mouth and become infected, but this is not the main way the virus spreads, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other health experts.
Onward House diligently follows Universal Precautions for infection control, and is increasing the frequency of this to ensure that we are doing everything possible to keep everyone who comes to our building safe. There are currently no known cases of COVID-19 at Onward House.
Please help to stop the spread of the virus by following these precautions:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. If soap and water aren’t available, use an alcohol-based sanitizer that is at least 60% Alcohol.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Avoid close proximity to other people.
- If possible, stay home.
Your Family Support Worker will be in touch with you on a regular basis during the time we are closed to provide assistance to you and your family.
*Need to reach a staff member, and not sure who to contact? Send us a message via Contact Form and we will connect you*
Mario F. Garcia