Human Resource Director:
Onward Neighborhood House is a not for profit rooted in a rich history of social services. Onward Neighborhood House opens doors to improve lives and uplift communities through educational, economic and support services. Onward House is a community hub where residents of Belmont Cragin, a sprawling community on Chicago’s Northwest side, can access the programs and services needed to build a better life for themselves and their families.
What you will be doing…
Supporting the mission and values of the agency through handling, monitoring, tracking, and processing all personnel aspects of the agency related to hiring, orientation, training, fringe benefits, etc.
- Leading and facilitating processes that support recruitment efforts.
- Oversee compensation and benefits, ensuring adherence to budget and competitiveness with market.
- Maintain employee timesheets, prepare and input payroll data for semi-monthly submission to the payroll service.
- Manage all HR compliance issues, ensuring a compliant workplace with consistent and fair execution of all personnel policies.
- Assist with all confidential personnel issues.
- Work in conjunction with Program Director and Coordinators in researching and implementing agency wide training and in-services to ensure professional development opportunities.
- Advising executive director and other senior staff on HR matters.
What we are looking for…
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years in an HR Role.
- Experience working in a non-profit.
- Bilingual in Spanish.
Even better if you have:
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, experience leading teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in building relationships and driving work across departments.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Familiarity with Head Start and COPA System.
- Familiarity with ATS and HIRS Systems.
- Familiarity with ADP.
- Certification in SHRM or another professional HR organization.
Excellent Benefit Package: (i.e. access to excellent medical insurance options for you and your family. Life and short/long term disability insurance benefit paid in full by the agency. Vacation, 403(B) thrift plan (upon 1 year of employment, each plan year the agency will make an employer base contribution on your behalf equal to 5% of the compensation you received for that year, while you are a participant in the plan).
Application Details: Please send cover letter and resume to
Mario F. Garcia
Onward Neighborhood House
5413 W. Diversey Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60639
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
ONWARD NEIGHBORHOOD HOUSE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
ACCREDITED BY NAEYC
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer: Onward Neighborhood House does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service and any other classification protected by law.